The Russian LGBT Network
The Russian LGBT Network is an inter-regional public movement of Russia dealing with questions of human rights defense and social adaptation of sexual and gender minorities.
The movement was established in May, 2006. On October 29, 2008 in Moscow the organization was transformed into the inter-regional public movement “Russian LGBT Network”. At the present moment it’s the first and only one inter-regional LGBT-organization in Russia with 13 regional branches. Some participants of the Movement also work in other regions. The activity of the Movement is based on the principles of voluntariness, equality, self-regulation, legality and openness.
- Transformation of the Movement for equal rights regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity into a powerful public force;
- Construction of society in Russia without discrimination and segregation;
- Support the representatives of LGBT-organizations in successful adaptation and social activity through different actions in the regions of Russia.
- Possibility of public demonstration of cultural, emotional and social aspects of one’s sexuality is one of the conditions for a fully harmonious and happy life of every person;
- As other features of a person, his or her sexuality is individual and varied in form;
- No one should be abused or discriminated based on his or her sexual orientation, sexual or gender identity, sexual behavior, if the last mentioned is not accompanied by violence and does not infringe upon the rights and freedom of other people;
- Treatment of minorities, as well as sexual minorities, is the criterion of civility and humanity of a nation and the society as a whole;
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people have the same civic rights as other people and the right to associate for meeting their needs and defending their rights;
- Powerful LGBT movement must be an integral part of the civic society of Russia.
Regional Russian LGBT Network branches are open in:
1. Saint Petersburg
2. Republic of Karelia
3. Pskov Region
4. Arkhangelsk Region
5. Volgograd Region
6. Republic of Tatarstan
7. Perm Region
8. Tumen Region
9. Omsk Region
10. Tomsk Region
11. Kemerovo Region
12. Krasnoyarsk region
13. Novosibirsk region
Contact the Russian LGBT Network
Central office: office 406, 87 Ligovsky Prospect, Saint Petersburg 191040
Tel/Fax : +7 (812) 313-9369, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Training in Advocacy and Communication skills for activists from the Russian LGBT Network, St Petersburg, 8-10 July 2010
From 8-10 July, ILGA-Europe facilitated two workshops in Advocacy and Communications skills. The participants were all activists from the Russian LGBT Network and from various regions in Russia.