ILGA-Europe commits to have a pro-active green policy guiding the organisation in its day-to-day activities as well as events organised by ILGA-Europe. ILGA-Europe acknowledges the global and local environmental problems, and will do its outmost within its limits to reduce the climate impact as an organisation.
The green policy serves an internal purpose for the organisation, and it sets the standards for the organisation’s green thinking. It will be implemented with respect for other organisational policies, in particular with respect to policies on Diversity.
ILGA-Europe’s Green Principles
ILGA Europe’s 5 guiding principles to achieve resource conservation, waste reduction, and sustainability overall are:
- Conserve energy and other natural resources
- Encourage employees to use mass transit
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle to reduce waste
- Adopt green procurement practices
- Continue to review and minimise the impacts of our activities
- These principles are implemented through an action plan which will be up-dated on a yearly basis by ILGA-Europe staff and approved by the Executive Board.