Annual General Meeting 2021
Now, while we will unfortunately not meet in person again, we will not be short of opportunities to connect as there will be not one but two General Meetings in 2021!
Why two General Meetings?
In addition to our regular Annual General Meeting (AGM) in October, we are holding an extraordinary General Meeting (GM) in June this year. This was approved by the members at the virtual AGM in October 2020. The main purpose of this extra GM is that members approve ILGA-Europe’s finances for 2020. We have to do this because the new Belgian Code of Companies and Associations (BCCA) requires ILGA-Europe to have its annual accounts approved by the membership and filed no later than 30 June of the following fiscal year.
Mark your calendars
Saturday 12 June 2021 – Extraordinary GM
- Final agenda
- The Treasurer’s report on our 2020 accounts – Public
- The Treasurer’s report on our 2020 accounts – For members only
- Annex 1 – Official Belgian accounts – For members only
- Annex 2 – Balance sheet – For members only
- Annex 3 – Budget to Actual – For members only
- Annex 4 – Audit report – For members only
The password for protected documents was sent to members in the mailing of 21 May.
Saturday 30 and Sunday 31 October 2021 – Regular AGM
- In addition to the regular business of the AGM (election of the board, approval of budget and activity reports), on the agenda will be the approval of changes to ILGA-Europe Constitution.
More detailed information will be sent to members over the coming months. Here’s a timeline explaining what to expect when:
Changes to ILGA-Europe Constitution
At the regular AGM in October, the Board will be proposing changes to the ILGA-Europe Constitution for your approval as members.
These changes will be about making sure our statutes are in line with the Belgian regulations which recently changed. The new Belgian Code of Companies and Associations (BCCA) requires ILGA-Europe to have its annual accounts approved by the membership and filed no later than 30 June of the following fiscal year. The Board will be proposing changes to ILGA-Europe’s statutes to facilitate this approval of our annual accounts by members, without having to call for extraordinary GMs every year. The BCCA also includes a number of new provisions that require mandatory changes to the ILGA-Europe Constitution to be following the Belgian law.