There are three sessions during The Gathering Online 2020 that will be open to members of the public who are not registered to be at the entire event.
You can join us live on Facebook for the plenary sessions:
ILGA-Europe opened up our week-long Gathering Online with a public session of discussion, featuring inspiring speakers who offered their perspective on the world around us and helped us articulate questions the LGBTI movement should be asking ourselves at this unprecedented moment in time. This is among three sessions during The Gathering Online that was open to members of the public who were not registered to be at the entire event.
What are the larger trends impacting our community and our movement? Amidst challenging times, how do we continue to move forward, seize opportunities that do exist, continue to make positive change happen and empower people?
The panel explore such questions, with space for exchange with participants. The session also features words of welcome from ILGA-Europe’s Executive Director, Evelyne Paradis.
- Masen Davis, Executive Director of Transgender Europe
- zohra moosa, Executive Director of Mama Cash
- Maksym Eristavi, journalist and managing board member of Kyiv Pride
- Catherine Naughton, Director of the European Disability Forum
Mid-way through the week-long Gathering, this session is about taking stock of the discussions from the first two days, and feeding into the conversations that will continue on Wednesday and Thursday on concrete ways forward for LGBTI activism.
A panel of activists will reflect on key takeaways emerging from the collective mapping of needs, challenges and opportunities, and exchange on priorities and important questions our movement needs to ask itself at this moment in time. Through this panel, we hope to create a sense of connectedness and collective understanding what we need to think about together, so that the LGBTI movement in Europe and Central Asia continues to move forward.
- Joëlle Sambi Nzeba, Co-chair ELC Eurocentralasian Lesbian Community
- Audrey Aegerter, Board Member OII Europe
- Mari Kurtanizdze, Board Member IGLYO
- Luca Stevenson, Coordination ICRSE
- Moderated by: Marame Kane, Board Member ILGA-Europe
ILGA-Europe will close our week-long Gathering Online with a public session of discussion with representatives from the main European institutions to engage with us. This is the last of three sessions during The Gathering Online that will be open to members of the public who are not registered to be at the entire event.
We will discuss how we can continue to make positive change happen in our societies, and how we can ensure that those with decision-making power push through the changes needed to achieve equality, human rights and social justice.
We will also be welcoming a surprise guest with words of inspiration.
- Dunja Mijatović, Commissioner for Human Rights, Council of Europe
- Helena Dalli, European Commissioner for Equality
- Michael O’Flaherty, Director of the European Union Fundamental Rights Agency
- Sophie int 't Veld, MEP, Vice-President of the European Parliament's LGBTI Intergroup