ILGA-Europe offers scholarships for activists who would otherwise be unable to participate in the conference for financial reasons. We are only able to offer limited number of scholarships and therefore encourage you to seek funding in advance within your organisation or from available funding sources (e.g. Mama Cash, travel grants from local Open Society Foundations, local embassies, etc.).
The deadline for applying for a scholarship has passed.
Would you like to make a donation to the ILGA-Europe Diversity fund to support other activists joining the ILGA-Europe conference? Please click here.
In assessing applications for scholarships ILGA-Europe will take into account the following:
- ILGA-Europe is committed to ensuring outreach and accessibility for LGBTI communities in all their diversity. We give particular attention to diversity of representation from delegations to the Annual Conference – whether it is in terms of sexual orientations, gender identities and/or gender expression, sex characteristics, cultures, religions, linguistic, ethnic groups as well as in terms of age, disability, health status, financial means and family composition/responsibilities among others.
- We particularly welcome applications from activists belonging to organisations or groups which are under-represented within the LGBTI movement.
- ILGA-Europe also welcomes participants coming from regional branches or smaller members of your own networks for instance.
- Selected applicants will need to demonstrate how they contribute to the work of ILGA-Europe and/or to that of the LGBTI movement in Europe.
- Given ILGA-Europe's geographic focus, applications from outside Europe will not be considered.
Scholarship applicants will be informed of the result of the selection process b y mid-July and should confirm their participation shortly after. If you have any questions, please contact us via email.
Donate to ILGA-Europe’s Diversity Fund…
Diversity is what makes ILGA-Europe the vibrant membership-based organisation that it is today. Having proactively worked on this issue for more than a decade, we are committed to ensure outreach and accessibility across all our activities for LGBTI communities in all their diversity.
ILGA-Europe work hard to ensure that diversity is part of our daily work and that organisation takes concrete actions to fulfil its commitments.
This is particularly true at the Annual Conference which is a high time for the European LGBTI movement to meet. It is where we develop a sense of belonging and where we discuss and develop key aspects of our work towards equality. If diversity within our own movement is not represented in this key moment, how can we aim at being representative of LGBTI communities?
Diversity of participation at the conference is incredibly important to ILGA-Europe whether it is in terms of sexual orientations, gender identities and/or gender expression, sex characteristics, cultures, religions and beliefs, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds as well as in terms of age, ability, health status, financial means and family composition/responsibilities among others. We welcome participants from organisations and groups which are under-represented within the LGBTI movement. It is vital that we include everyone and make sure that those who are seldom represented can flourish at the centre of our annual gathering.
ILGA-Europe’s Diversity Fund aims to support wider, more inclusive participation by LGBTI activists at ILGA-Europe’s Annual Conference. All donations made to ILGA-Europe’s Diversity Fund will go directly towards scholarships for activists from segments of the LGBTI communities who are otherwise under-represented within the broader movement.