We know we owe a lot of the tremendous progress we know today in so many parts of our region to activist who were working on the liberation of our communities long before Stonewall.
The local hosts of the Annual Conference 2018 are passing the conference flag to the 2019 local hosts.
Help us promote the Annual Conference online!
Wondering who else is attending the Annual Conference this year? Afraid of missing out on the latest updates and important deadlines? Join our dedicated Facebook event.
Let your network know the Annual Conference is coming up! Use the conference hashtag: #IEPrague2019
For any questions regarding the Annual Conference, please contact us at: Prague2019@ILGA-Europe.org
Are you in a position to help us financially?
There are different ways to help make this conference a success for LGBTI activists across Europe and Central Asia. Supporting us financially can help us bring more activists to the conference and create larger impact. Whether it is by supporting activists to participate in the conference; sponsoring the conference or helping us to cover programmatic costs: your support is welcome. Please contact us to discuss the different ways in which you can help, for instance by contributing to the Diversity Fund, offering sponsorship, or any other support efforts.
So what is the Annual Conference all about again?
- The conference is an agenda-setting moment for European LGBTI movements. This is the moment every year when LGBTI movements identify priorities for the coming year and strengthen effectiveness in bringing change that matters to LGBTI people.
- The conference connects activists and enablers of change. This year, the conference will take place in Prague, organised in close cooperation with local Czech host organisations Proud and Prague Pride. Our conference will be an important moment in which we will have the opportunity to recognise, unite and progress the efforts of our diverse communities. At a crucial time of change to the political landscape in Europe, in our region and globally, we will also discuss, share and create momentum with fellow activists and enablers of change to explore and build on our work for the LGBTI movements in its many diversities with key political allies.
- The conference is about building on our diversity. The conference creates spaces for the wide diversity of voices from our movements to be heard, and enables important conversations about how we use our diversity as one of our greatest strengths. It is a space to find ever better ways of working, in full solidarity with each other. We bring understanding each other’s needs at the core of change making, because it influences the way in which we talk to each other, the way in which priorities are set and the way in which politics are shaped.
- The conference is a place to get inspiration and to be empowered. It is where you can come to get energy to continue the work towards more and better change. Change doesn’t happen overnight, it takes courage and inspiration. Change can be inspired and fueled by positive stories and by using our energy to focus on areas of common ground.
- Last, but certainly not least, the conference is ILGA-Europe’s Annual General Meeting. It is the place where member organisations come together to decide on the overall governance and strategic direction of the organisation.
Read the welcome letter from the host organisations Proud and Prague Pride.
Online registration is now open! Deadline is Tuesday 3 September (midnight CET).
ILGA-Europe continuously strive to make our events welcoming, safe and accessible to all.
Over the past few years, the whole ILGA-Europe team has placed intersectionality at the heart of the conference.
Read more about the statutory Annual General Meeting for members of ILGA-Europe, which is held during the Annual Conference.
Deadline has passed for programme contributions.
Deadline has passed for scholarship applications.