1st Conference Mailing
This section contains all the documents included in the 1st Conference Mailing.
Dear friends and allies of ILGA-Europe,
After the pre-conference mailing, we are happy to send you first official conference mailing.
I would like to seize this opportunity to invite you, our members, to our Annual Conference which will this year take place in Rīga, Latvia, from 9th until 11th of October.
The theme of this year’s conference, which will be hosted by Mozaika, is MOVEment: Leading Sustainable Change. This year, we have indeed decided that it was time for all of us to take stock of where we are as a movement, to explore how best to meet the current challenges we are facing, and to discuss strategies to achieve sustainable legal, political and social change for LGBTI people across the region.
ILGA-Europe’s team is also proud to let you know we have already confirmed a number of inspirational keynote speakers, namely:
Charles Radcliffe (Chief of Global Issues Section at the Office of theUN High Commissioner of Human Rights, and senior UN human rights adviser on sexual orientation and gender identity), Eliza Byard (Executive Director of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network from the USA), Helena Dalli (Maltese Civil Liberties Minister) and Graeme Reid (Director of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Rights Program at Human Rights Watch).
We have also invited Miguel Vale de Almeida (anthropologist, Professor at the University Institute of Lisbon, and LGBTI activist) to be this year’s Conference Host and to help us reflect on the issues raised during the event.
Let me also take this opportunity to remind you that registration for the Annual Conference is open online. find Scholarship Application and Workshop Proposals for the Conference. Regarding registration, scholarship application and workshop proposal please bear in mind two important dates:
Monday, 30 June 2014 – Call for Scholarship Applications and Workshop Proposals closes
Sunday, 24 August 2014 – Call for Registration closes
This first official mailing includes the following documents:
- Letter from Co-Chairs of ILGA-Europe’s Executive Board
- Welcome letter from our local host
- Nomination form for candidates for the ILGA-Europe Executive Board
- Nomination form for ILGA World Executive Board
- Endorsement of nominations for ILGA-Europe Executive Board
- Endorsement of nominations for ILGA World Executive Board
- Delegation and Proxy Form
- Guidance for the nomination of ILGA-Europe Executive Board members
- Guidelines to submit Proposals or Resolutions to the constitution
- Guidelines for the nomination of host organisations for the ILGA-Europe conference 2016
With best wishes,
On behalf of the ILGA-Europe’s Executive Board and team,