Find all the mailings here that were sent to all members prior the Annual Conference 2013 with essential information about registration, how to submit proposals and other information.
We hereby have the pleasure of inviting our members to our annual conference which will take place in Zagreb between the 24 - 26 October 2013 under the theme “Family Matters! Reaching out to hearts and minds”. The theme has been chosen on the background of the numerous family related discussions that have taken place in Europe over the past year and the very mixed picture when it comes to realities in different states. A crucial message that ILGA-Europe wishes to convey is that family is not just a conceptual debate for LGBTI people, but rather a debate around real and lived experiences. In this context, it is essential that ILGA-Europe not only looks at legal and political arguments, but also closely looks at how hearts and minds of people can be won. The conference will look at how the community can contribute to educate the wider audience.
The pre-mailing includes the Scholarship Form, Registration Form and the Workshop Proposal Form. The first, second and third mailings as well as the document “Guidelines for proposals” will outline how to make a proposal to the constitution and to nominate candidates to the Board. The calendar of mailings and important dates are as follows:
- 12 July 2013 –First mailing - here
- 16 July 2013 – Deadline for submission of scholarship applications and for workshop proposals
- 2 August 2013 –Deadline for submission of proposals
- 9 August 2013– Second Mailing with preliminary conference agenda, accounts for 2012 - here
- 5 September 2013 – Deadline for nomination of candidates for the ILGA-Europe Executive Board, for amendments to proposals, for submission of proposals to host the 2015 conference
- 9 September 2013 – Deadline for registration of conference participants
- 4 October 2013 –Third mailing with final agenda, including amendments to proposals, names of candidates for the Executive Board, candidates for hosting the 2015 conference and the proposed budget for next financial year.
We look forward to meeting you on the 24 October in Zagreb, and hope to see you in great numbers.
Gabi Calleja and Martin K.I. Christensen