Support LGBTI equality in 2020
Make a New Year’s resolution for the LGBTI movement in Europe and Central Asia
Across Europe and Central Asia, the LGBTI movement has celebrated many victories this year, from first Prides to legal victories. But at the same time we see forces working to limit our rights and deny equality, with LGBTI communities facing growing hatred and violence. Watch the Year in Review video for the full story.
We need your support as we continue to work together with LGBTI communities to bring about political change and legal victories, and empower activists across the region to fight against the rise of the far right and anti-LGBTI hatred. Please set up a monthly donation of any size to support our work in 2020.
In 2019, thanks to our supporters, we:
- Got 1,650 European Elections candidates to sign our Come Out pledge; 1 in 4 elected MEPs are committed to work on LGBTI equality.
- Gave grants totalling close to half a million euros to activist groups working in places where their rights are under attack.
- Trained and coached activists in campaigning, advocacy, security, hate crimes reporting...
- Advocated with EU institutions on the adoption of new laws and monitored existing standards to hold governments and institutions accountable.
- Supported and intervened in key cases at European courts to strengthen legal protection of LGBTI people.
At this very moment, LGBTI rights hang in the balance in many European and Central Asian countries. Please set up a regular donation on our website or Revolut and help the LGBTI movement in Europe and Central Asia keep up the good work in 2020.
Thank you for your support, and we wish you a happy and peaceful 2020.
For more information on how to support ILGA-Europe and how your support helps, please contact Anna Shepherd, Partnerships Manager.