Recommendations of the Parliamentary Assembly
The Parliamentary Assembly has since 1981 passed a number of recommendations and a resolution supporting LGBT rights.
Find links to all the relevant for LGBT rights recommendations and resolutions here.
These recommendations and resolutions are an expression of opinion by the Assembly, and are not binding on the member states, but have an important declaratory role.
- Recommendation 924 (1981) - on discrimination against homosexuals.
- Opinion No. 216 (2000)- Draft Protocol No. 12 to the European Convention on Human Rights.
- Recommendation 1470 (2000) - Situation of gays and lesbians and their partners in respect of asylum and immigration in the member states of the Council of Europe.
- Recommendation 1474 (2000) - Situation of lesbians and gays in Council of Europe member states.
- Recommendation 1635 (2003) - Lesbians and gays in sport
- Resolution 1728(2010) - Discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity
- Recommendation 1915 (2010) - Discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity