Joint NGO Statement on the 10th Anniversary of the Horizontal Directive
On 2 July 2008, the European Commission proposed an important new anti-discrimination law.
This directive could ban discrimination on the grounds of religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation in all areas of social life, including education, housing, and access to goods and services.
But 10 years on, the directive that planned to introduce an EU-wide minimum level of protection against discrimination on all grounds listed in Art. 19 of European Treaties remains in cold storage.
ILGA-Europe and our NGO partners say that these legislative gaps need to be closed!
- AGE Platform Europe (AGE)
- The European Disability Forum
- The European Women's Lobby (EWL)
- ILGA-Europe - the European Region of the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans & Intersex Association.
- IGLYO- The International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer & Intersex (LGBTQI) Youth & Student Organisation
- Transgender Europe (TGEU)