Support LGBTI equality at work
Alongside creating a culture of acceptance and inclusion internally, companies and employee networks often ask themselves what they can do to support the LGBTI movement and acceptance in the wider society. Plenty! Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Hold a fundraiser or donation drive and raise both vital funds and awareness. Need ideas? Hold a dinner, a cocktail party, bake sale, summer barbeque or picnic and ask for donations. Get a team together to do a marathon or another sponsored sports event. Or include a fundraising element in your company’s diversity day or IDAHOT event.
- Does your company or organisation have in place a scheme to match employees’ charitable donations? Ask your manager or HR for the possibility to double your donation. ILGA-Europe are registered with Benevity, the leading workplace giving platform.
- Does your company have a Charity of the Year scheme or support a cause annually? Suggest ILGA-Europe as a beneficiary
- Become a regular donor to ILGA-Europe. Set up a monthly donation and help us better plan our work.
- Sponsor a flagship ILGA-Europe event, like the Annual Conference of the European Equality Gala.
To find out more and to get involved or to arrange an introductory chat, drop an email to our Partnerships Manager, Anna by email.