Support LGBTI equality at work
Over the past while ILGA-Europe have been delighted to see an increasing number of LGBTI employee networks being set up and thriving in companies here in Brussels, at the heart of Europe. This is so important in making LGBTI employees feel comfortable and safe at work, and demonstrating commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Alongside creating a culture of acceptance and inclusion internally, employee networks often ask themselves what they can do to support acceptance in the wider society. Plenty!
What you can do for the LGBTI rights movement
- Hold a fundraiser or donation drive and raise both vital funds and awareness. Need ideas? Hold a dinner, a cocktail party, bake sale, summer barbeque or picnic and ask for donations. Get a team together to do the Brussels Marathon or another sponsored sports event. Or include a fundraising element in your company’s diversity day or IDAHOT event.
- Does your company or organisation have in place a scheme to match employees’ charitable donations? Ask your manager or HR for the possibility to double your donation. ILGA-Europe are registered with Benevity, the leading workplace giving platform.
- Does your company have a Charity of the Year scheme or support a cause annually? Suggest ILGA-Europe as a beneficiary
- Become a regular donor to ILGA-Europe. Set up a monthly donation and help us better plan our work.
- Sponsor a flagship ILGA-Europe event, like the Annual Conference of the European Equality Gala.
What ILGA-Europe can do to support you and your organisation?
- We can give a lunchtime talk at your office to present an overview of the LGBTI rights situation in Europe and Central Asia, the importance of diversity and inclusion, or what your colleagues would be most interested to hear about.
- We can give your organisation and your fundraising efforts recognition on our communications channels reaching audiences across Europe and beyond.
- We will host regular get-togethers for professionals at ILGA-Europe’s headquarters, hosted by our Executive Director, for an opportunity to hear the latest about our work, developments in LGBTI rights situation in Europe and opportunity to network with other LGBTI & ally professionals.
To find out more and to get involved or to arrange an introductory chat, drop an email to our Partnerships Manager, Anna by email or phone +32 2 899 07 62.