ILGA-Europe’s Rainbow Europe Map has shown much progress in the legal and policy situation for LGBTI people across Europe in recent decades. However, increasingly, progress in some places has been accompanied by regression in others, and the strongest trend has been that of stagnation, providing fertile ground for backlash and backsliding. The current context makes it ever more important to openly “Come Out” in support of the human rights of LGBTI people, and proactively seek opportunities to ensure their protection.
Come Out Pledge
Candidates for the European Parliament, pledge to stand up for the human rights and equality for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) people in the European Union and beyond, and will do so by working to:
- Strengthen protection in EU law and policy
- Ensure an enabling environment for LGBTI human rights defenders
- Be an ally to under-represented voices
- Ensure EU leadership on LGBTI rights
- Harness the power of my position
- ILGA-Europe calls on MEP candidates to defend human rights in new ComeOut EU Elections campaign
- #ElectNoHate appeal launch: ILGA-Europe unites with 21 other civil society organisations and unions for EU election campaign free from intolerance
- 2014-2019: What has the European Parliament achieved for human rights of LGBTI people, and what has still to be done?
- ILGA-Europe hosted three interactive webinars that focus on supporting LGBTI organisations' work around elections, providing tools, inspirations and good practices